Born at Sathyamangalam, Erode District in Tamilnadu from an Agricultural family.
• Presented and Chaired a number of papers in various conferences held in India and in many international countries.
• Also Teaching Faculty in the Department of Surgery for Medical Students of Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences, Coimbatore.
• Senior faculty in Indian Association of Sugrical Gastro Enterology and trained a number of young surgeons in India.
Founded a Charitable Trust in the name and style of P.Perichi Gounder Memorial Charitable Trust in memory of his father to render service to the society.
The main objective of the Trust is to provide:
• Quality Health Care and Education
Started Ashwin Comprehensive Cancer Centre and Research Institute where in Medical, Radiation and Surgical treatments for the cancer patients are provided at affordable cost to middle class people and free treatment is given to the poor cancer patients.
Contribution to the Society in prevention and cancer cure:
• Conducted More than 3000 Free Medical Camps in various parts of Coimbatore, Erode Districts of Tamilnadu.
• More than 1500 Cancer Screening Camps were conducted in Rural areas, Tribal areas, Educational Institutions, Small and Medium Industries etc.
• Through the Trust three to four cancer awareness programmes are conducted every month continuously for the last twenty years in Educational Institutions, Small and Medium size companies, Women Self Help Groups, Police Head Quarters, etc. More than 800 such awareness camps have been conducted so far and is going on.
• The patients screened in the free medical camps are given free treatment, free surgery in his hospital. Around 780 cancer patients were given free surgical treatment in the Hospital.
• A comprehensive cancer centre was opened in his hospital in the year 2003 with a Cobalt Therapy Unit installed with the assistance of Government of India under National Cancer Control Programme. Free Radiotherapy treatment and Chemotherapy is given in this centre to the poor cancer patients and at affordable cost to the middle class and lower middle class cancer patients. At the present the cancer department is equipped with higher end linear accelerator for radiotherapy treatment.
• A Free Ward with 40 beds is provided for cancer patients who are in advanced and terminal stages of cancer and free treatment is provided to them.
• Twice in a week free cancer screening is done in his hospital throughout the year.
• More than 1000 cancer patients were given free radiotherapy treatment in his cancer centre.
• During his tenure as President of Indian Medical Association, Tamilnadu State, he has opened three blood banks in Tamilnadu and has initiated process of opening more blood banks through Indian Medical Association, Tamilnadu. These blood banks are providing blood to the patients at a nominal cost. Also more than 1000 Free Medical camps were organized through Indian Medical Association during his tenure as President of State Unit.